The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. Below, we’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
• Excellent Driving Skills: It might sound obvious, but we thought we’d say it anyway. Being great behind the wheel with a clean record is crucial to joining our team as a warehouse driver. You’ll be expected to drive equipment in a professional and safe manner. No racing or donuts allowed!
• Amazing Customer Service: You’ll be responsible for checking on invoiced orders with customers, and we expect you to do so in a welcoming and friendly way. If you want to work as a driver with SGWS, good customer service is certainly a must!
• Attention to Detail: Accuracy is essential to your job function as a driver with SGWS. You’ll be in charge of keeping an accurate log book, and you’ll have to ensure that you are following all procedures and company policy. Attention to detail is necessary.
• Trustworthiness: As a driver with SGWS, you’ll collect and return payments from customers and account for invoices of returned merchandise. Not only will accuracy be essential, but so will your honesty.
• Positive Attitude: As cliché as this might sound, a positive attitude trumps everything else. Unlike the other traits on this list, it can’t be taught, but it’s crucial to making a good imprint on your team and SGWS as a whole! Our employees work so well together because they have respect for one another and are kind to each other. They understand positivity is at the core of true success.
Think you’re right for a career as a driver with us? We’d love for you to join our team! Explore our openings across the U.S. today!