Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
2024 Summer Internship | Sales – Richmond, VA
Who we are looking for: December 2024 or May 2025 graduates
Dates of Summer Internship: May 20th – August 2nd, 2024
Southern Glazer’s Internship Program
The Southern Glazer’s Internship Program was established to develop the next generation of Sales, Trade Development, Operations, Technology, and Corporate leaders. Each summer, the program offers interns the opportunity to engage in career-building activities while simultaneously learning and applying industry-leading practices.
This hands-on experience gives interns the chance to explore and understand the adult beverage industry. The knowledge gained from industry leaders will allow you to build a network of professionals within the beverage alcohol industry and here at Southern Glazer’s. Being a Southern Glazer’s intern means you’ll be invited to our Leadership Spotlight Series, a Community Service Day exclusive to our intern class, as well as access to Professional Development workshops and trainings!
• This internship works closely with our divisions national commercial team to utilize trend data and consumer insights to evaluate possible selling opportunities and category performance
• Intern will learn all sides of the business from product, establishment, and distribution standpoints
• Intern will observe sourcing, screening, and interviewing of sales consultant candidates. They will also see the criteria used to assess candidates
• Intern will observe training of sales team, coordinating supplier trainings across three regional offices, and adjusting current training programs for any perceived gaps
• Intern will observe RTM strategy decisions including evaluation of account movement request and territory design
• Intern will observe commercial operations, planning and analytics
• Must be a Junior in college and graduating the following year completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the following majors: Business, Sales, Marketing, Communication, Retail, or Category Management
• Reside in the vicinity of the internship or have the ability to obtain housing
• 21 years of age or older at the start of the internship
• Ability to secure and maintain a valid driver’s license and auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
• Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
• Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
• May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 40lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.
At Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits, we deliver good times — and Top Shelf Benefits to help you get more out of life.
Veterans contribute their unique skills and experience across our entire organization. Our skills matcher enables you to search open opportunities based on your military job title or code.
Our Leadership Team is dedicated to furthering our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts with a firm foundation built on awareness and education.