Warehouse Worker - NightJob ID WIL00000083 Date posted 04/01/2019
- New hires must still be employed after probation period to receive $500 bonus.
- Perform under the guidance of each department SOP and/or direction of the area supervisor.
- Maintain the highest of quality product and service, accuracy and team work.
- Picking/Replenishment – pull and prepare items for shipment or replenishment and/or perform all picking duties in a timely and efficient manner as directed thorough the WMS instructions.
- Shipping – Hand-load product onto power conveyor/pallet in a safe, timely and efficient manner as directed by the WMS instructions and as directed by the department supervisor.
- Shipping – Inspect and ensure that product being loaded for shipping meets the customers’ receiving requirements and will transport safely.
- Breakage – Recoup damaged/broken product as per SOP’s.
- Equipment handling – Load, unload, move, stack, store and stage products using a forklift, slip sheet machine, order picker, or other power equipment.The use of an order picker will require activity of heights up to 25’.
- Positive team environment.
- Maintain an organized and clean work environment.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and product.
- Actively support & participate in all warehouse safety and safety committee requests.
- Abide by all Local/SWS Employee Guidelines as set in the employee handbook.
- Working conditions – must be able to maintain very high proficiency and job standards while working in a non-temperature-controlled environment.Includes exposure to heat, humidity, noise, dust and fumes from power equipment.The physical and mental demands of the position are high.
- Attendance/Overtime Required - Must be open to working weekends when needed.
- System Proficiency – Effectively understand and utilize the WMS within each respective department.
- Perform all other warehouse functions when requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic ability to read, speak, write and comprehend the English language to perform essential job duties.
- Basic math skills needed to perform job duties.
- Ability to repetitively push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Work history of manual labor, warehouse work or merchandising experience.
- Ability to kneel, bend, twist and turn to accomplish a variety of tasks.
- One-two years of warehouse experience in a distribution environment.
- Familiar with warehouse management systems for tracking case volume and product placement within warehouse facilities.
- Shipping/receiving andgeneral warehouse and packaging skills.
- Forklift operating experience or certification.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.