Transfer Driver - Class A CDL
When you embark on a Driver career with Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, you'll play an integral role in achieving operational efficiency in order to meet our customers' needs. You'll leverage your skills every day to fuel our success and advance your career. In return for your contribution, we'll provide you with the tools to grow, succeed and accomplish your personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service to each of our suppliers and customers and put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Driver at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Socially Conscious
The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. We’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
“Push/Pull” up to 50 lbs
Experience driving within the food and beverage industry
Customer facing and ability to problem solve
Class A/Class B license
ResponsibilitiesJob ID WIL00000088 Date posted 05/08/2019
Southern Glazer'sWine and Spirits is seeking candidates for aClass A Delivery Driver opportunity for our Wilsonville facility.
More than just delivery.........
A Transport/Delivery position with Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits not only allows you to be a part of the largest wine and spirits distributor in the United States, but you also gain the opportunity to put your customer service skills to work by interacting with customers at retail accounts throughout the Portland/Metro area. As part of the Southern Glazer's family, you will make a team contribution by transporting some of our biggest wine brands from our warehouse to our customers where our sales team will work to build creative displays, as seen in the wine aisle of your local grocery store.
Work and Life Balance.........
You will be provided a 4-day, 10-hour per day workweek (Monday - Thursday), the opportunity for overtime, and a set start time as early as 7:00 pm and end time as late as 5:30 am. You will also have an opportunity to enjoy three day weekends!
In return for your superior customer service and strong work ethic, you will be provided with a comprehensive wage and benefits package that includes a competitive wage with step scale, medical, dental, and vision health plan, which can be used the first day of the month following 30 days of employment and Company paid short and long term disability plans, retirement plan with company match, and paid time off!
An Exciting Role With Southern Glazer's. . .. . ..
The Transport/Delivery Driver position is responsible for transporting product from our warehouse to our other Depot and may be responsible for making small deliveries to various customer accounts. Driver is responsible to safely off-load product at each account by utilizing pallet jack and hand truck and will work with customer to check in product using handheld computer.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
- Partner with routers to acquire delivery schedule and communicate delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
- Drive established route to deliver wine and spirits beverage products to assigned customers.
- Assemble customer orders and place on hand truck to complete delivery cycle. Place product in storage and or account specific designated areas.
- Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records and roadnet.
- Comply with company safety standards, Department of Transportation regulations, Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations, and warehouse delivery policies/procedures.
- Keep interior of truck organized, clean and smoke free.
- Work flexible hours and evenings.
- Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- Ensure correct delivery of product.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Must possess a Class A Commercial Driver License and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements and the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) guidelines.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Language skills allow employee to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Provide high level of customer service to ensure accounts are satisfied with product and timeliness of deliveries.
- Able to regularly and consistently lift and carry up to50 pound cases of product. Competent working independently on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- 1 year minimum driving experience with a CDL.
- Previous delivery and distribution experience in the food and beverage industry. Familiarity with Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.