Route Sales Representative/DriverJob ID WIL00000086 Date posted 04/02/2019
This salaried position reports to a District Sales Supervisor and the primary role is to sell, order, merchandise and promote Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits products.
Our Route Sales Representatives make sales calls in a side loaded beverage truck on a designated route with established accounts, making multiple stops per day at convenience stores and restaurants. The typical work day is variable but always requires an early start (6:00AM or earlier) and will include pushing and pulling product on hand trucks when loading and unloading.
This position will have daily interaction with retail customers such as store owners, store managers, department managers and receiving clerks in the back of the stores. The Route Sales Representatives are responsible for increasing sales by providing great customer service, and selling-in additional displays of Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits products.
- Develop all assigned accounts relative to sales volume, market share, product distribution, space allocation and customer service.
- Provide excellent service to assigned accounts; create and maintain goodwill with all customers.
- Identify opportunities consistent with the objectives, priorities and strategies of assigned customers.
- Enter customer orders and make deliveries using a handheld device.
- Reconcile daily paperwork, which can include money and invoices; turn in records to ensure accurate financial tracking of delivery activities.
- Complete or maintain route book and other related documentation to provide management with product and accounts sales data.
- Utilize point-of-purchase (POS) materials to stimulate sales.
- Adhere to all company and legal guidelines regarding collection policies and procedures to protect company interests.
- Merchandise product sections, maintain and increase shelf facings, clean shelving and rotate product.
- Safely drive and unload the truck and move the product to the appropriate locations.
- Safely drive vehicle rated under 26,000 lbs. GVW while maintaining clean driving record.
Minimum Required Skills:
- 21 years or older.
- Valid Driver's License and a clean driving record.
- Due to size and DOT regulations on vehicle used in this role, you must have the ability to provide all DOT-regulated documentation when required, including DOT medical card.
- Pass the drug test and physical abilities test.
- Pass the background screening.
- Candidates must have a proven track record of being able to work with little supervision, merchandise product, solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Ability to load and unload up to 65-pound boxes of product, push and pull it up concrete/metal ramps through the back offices and aisles in our customer’s stores.
- Prefer sales and/or grocery retail experience.
- Prefer some college, business and/or marketing background.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.