Inside Sales ConsultantJob ID WIL00000098 Date posted 06/28/2019
- Promote sales to direct B2B customers by initiating calls, acting on leads and/or prospects in order to meet customers’ needs, present/explain SWS products and make purchase recommendations. Builds positive working relationship with customers, understanding their needs and business drivers.
- Drive continued penetration of SWS portfolio into accounts, focusing on relevant products that match customer needs.
- Establish and maintain quality customer relationships by delivering exceptional customer service, establishing rapport, identifying and exceeding customer needs and expectations. Achieve customer retention goals; follow up with consumers as required, to close sales and meet/exceed revenue goals.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with new and existing B2B customers. Maintain consumer prospect lists/contact database in order to assess client purchasing trends; proactively and consistently seek opportunities to promote and sell SWS products based on client purchase history.
- Acquire in depth industry and SWS company knowledge in order to articulate product features, benefits, pricing and make recommendations to include core and innovation products.
- Attend and actively participate in daily team meetings or relevant sales training in order to ensure appropriate sales techniques are being used and accurate information is being communicated to customers. Attend sales group meetings concerning sales targets or forecasts, reporting on market situation.
- Visit select customers once a year to establish strong personal relationships and understand customer’s business first-hand.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Culinary Management Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum one year of sales experience; 2 – 3 years inside sales experience preferred. Industry sales experience a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with direct customers on the telephone and internally.
- Must maintain strong working knowledge of SWS portfolio and products, including core and innovation products.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a high energy sales environment that is goal/quota driven.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Highly proficient computer skills, including MS Office Suite, and experience with CRM systems a plus.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.