Driver - Night Transfer (Wilsonville)
When you embark on a Driver career with Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, you'll play an integral role in achieving operational efficiency in order to meet our customers' needs. You'll leverage your skills every day to fuel our success and advance your career. In return for your contribution, we'll provide you with the tools to grow, succeed and accomplish your personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service to each of our suppliers and customers and put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Driver at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Socially Conscious
The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. We’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
“Push/Pull” up to 50 lbs
Experience driving within the food and beverage industry
Customer facing and ability to problem solve
Class A/Class B license
ResponsibilitiesJob ID WIL00000074 Date posted 02/07/2019
- Performs daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
- Communicate changes to delivery schedules, delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
- Drive established route to deliver wine, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverage products overnight to depots for distribution.
- Resolve customer concerns/complaints regarding spoilage, breakage, and or incorrect product being sent from SGWS warehouse.
- Assemble customer orders and place on hand truck to complete delivery cycle when necessary. Place product in storage and or account/location specific designated areas when needed.
- Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery/driving records.
- Collect monies owed to SGWS when appropriate.
- Provide high level of service and communication to all departments andmanagement.
- Comply with company safety standards, Department of Transportation regulations, Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations, and warehouse delivery policies/procedures.
- Keep interior of truck organized and clean.
- Standard 4X10 work schedule with flexibility to work 5X8 at business need.
- Work flexible hours which includestart times of 10:00 pm- 2:00amdependent on seniority and bid.
- Overtime will be required at times.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma/GED and 2-5 years driving experience in a distribution environment.
- Must possess a Class A Commercial Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and a minimum of two years of delivery/driving experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Interstate CDL Medical Card.
- Adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements and the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) guidelines.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Language skills allow employee to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to regularly and consistently lift and carry 35 - 60 pound cases of product.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DOT Medical Certification Card
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.