Transatlantic Area Manager, On/Off PremiseJob ID VAI00000011 Date posted 11/01/2018
Develops and nurtures personal relationships with key customer decision makers. Ensures alignment between department goals, strategies and objectives and customer requirements. Advises on solutions to complex customer problems. Coaches others on maximizing efficiency and effectiveness with customers of various types.
- Helps sales team achieve a higher percentage of sales per customer by prioritizing customers to focus on.
- Evaluates customer readiness to buy and adjusts sales presentations and approach accordingly.
- Sets up future customer interactions by proposing opportunities to ensure future contact and follow up.
- Coaches the team to tailor their sales approach according to the needs and circumstances of each customer, adding value with each customer interaction.
- Advises others on how to display creativity and sensitivity to the customer needs and concerns in each follow-up contact.
- Evaluates alternative approaches and potential outcomes before choosing a course of action. Monitors problem reporting, tracking, escalation and resolution.
- Recognizes and addresses recurring problems. Helps others understand the costs associated with different types of problems.
- Compares and contrasts the latest developments and emerging issues in the industry. Explains the development of industry segments - trends, consequences, key issues. Assesses how legal and regulatory requirements apply to own organization.
- Raises coworkers' awareness of industry standards, practices and guidelines. Oversees all work related to the sales cycle, from planning to execution. Ensures the execution of the sales department's strategic tasks. Executes new sales campaigns/programs through the sales team.
- Mentors others on enhancing the quality of sales campaigns, programs and processes. Coaches employees on advanced sales methods.
- Evaluates best practices of sales activities and tasks within the competitive market.
- Monitor, determine and execute on strategies to improve upon on agreed commercial KPIs (e.g., revenue, gross profit, forecast accuracy etc.) in tandem with Brand Managers.
- Generate a commercial forecast representing true demand at a brand or SKU level using relevant market information (e.g., new product launches, innovation campaigns, emerging consumer demand trends and signals, etc.)
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify the factors negatively impacting forecast analysis and take mitigating action
- Proactively manage new item launches and adjust sales forecasts to reflect promotional support activity and product development (e.g., discounting, sampling events, etc.)
- Update sales forecasts in Steelwedge based on insights into market activities that will have an impact on demand
- Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the success of the Sales department and function at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits.
- Territory will include Denver Metro.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales Management, Marketing, Hospitality or related field of study.
- 3 – 5 years of beverage marketing, sales management, retail, hospitality, distributor and or industry experience ideally within consumer packaged goods environment.
- Knowledge of the wine and spirits industry, its major issues and regulatory considerations and the ability to use this information in support of the organization when carrying out one's job function.
- Knowledge of products and their key features and attributes; ability to execute product line strategies.
- Knowledge of practices and tools for resolving reported problems.
- Knowledge of various types of customers and ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and information.
- Utilize marketing tools and programs to identify customer needs and offer targeted products to fulfill those needs.
- Understand the rationale for and the ability to tactfully dispense direct, actionable feedback and deal head-on with people problems and challenging situations.
- High level of attention to detail in order to evaluates and makes contributions to best practices.
- Ability to develop sales plans that are future-oriented, support business strategy and reflect understanding of emerging, as well as existing, opportunities and markets.
- Ability to effectively continue to approach potential and existing customers in spite of initial uncertainty about the outcome.
- Ability to follow the organization's sales processes.
- Ability to estimate sales trends in the market.
- Ability to utilize the organization's sales information systems.
- Ability to use diverse tools and techniques to influence customer purchase decisions.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.