Warehouse Assistant/Driver (St. Croix, VI)Job ID ST.00000085 Date posted 03/15/2019
The Warehouse Assistant/Driver will efficiently and effectively move inbound and outbound product through the warehouse for customer delivery. This position may be responsible for one or more of the following job duties: receiving, stocking, and loading.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesFill case and bottle orders for products
• Load delivery trucks and other outbound shipments of billed orders
• Participate in inventory counts as directed
• Understand and adhere to the safety rules and requirements in the workplace
• Ensure warehouse equipment service needs, safety needs, workplace accidents, and other safety issues are reported promptly
• Responsible for filling out equipment report before usage
• Responsible for meeting operational efficiency goals
• Perform other job related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalency; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Plus 3 months of experience
- Operate a forklift or other warehouse equipment safely
- Proficiency in inventory software, databases and systems
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Good organizational and time management skills
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.