Total Wine Chain Account Field Specialist (NorCal)Job ID UNI00000616 Date posted 09/05/2019
- Partner with chain account to collaborate and support the category management personnel at the store level.
- Assist the alcoholic beverage category with inventory, pricing and allocations.
- Provide support to the Category Manager relating to new items set up, discontinued items, product placement, cost and product details.
- Apply analytical skills to synthesize complex and diverse information.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Management and Pricing team members to ensure new cost files are accurately uploaded through Web Item Management System (WIMS).
- Monitor, review and analyze cost files for accuracy and data integrity.
- Work with the chain account's allocation team to maintain inventory accuracy and resolve discrepancies.
- Align with Account Executive in identifying sales and margin opportunities.
- Proactively identify issues, trends and opportunities to help Southern Wine & Spirits achieve goals.
- Perform other job-related duties as required by the specific chain account.
- Communicate efficiently and professionally throughout the work shift with numerous suppliers, distributors, team members and on-site grocery store category management counterparts.
- Demonstrate prioritization, organization, and follow-through skills to meet deadlines as defined by leading suppliers and chain grocery store accounts.
- Work independently on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and 1-2 years of retail, hospitality and or industry experience ideally within consumer packaged good environment.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of;state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Strong understanding of cost/pricing methodology.
- Experience in MMS, Retek or other merchandise systems.
- Knowledge with planogram tools such as Apollo and ProSpace a plus.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Available for overnight travel.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's Degree and or related experience inclusive of the following: Restaurant/Bartending/Hospitality Skills.
- Wine/Industry knowledge to include basic understanding of distribution, wine varietals, and leading spirit categories. ;
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.