Staff AccountantJob ID UNI00000532 Date posted 02/23/2019
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze/reconcile financial information and prepare financial reports and statements.
- Oversee and perform accounting activities related to cost of acquiring and maintaining our inventory. This includes reviewing freight and purchase price variance analysis.
- Performs analyses related to cost of goods, and gross profit reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly journal entries in support of month-end / year-end close and issue financial statements.
- Performs balance sheet reconciliations as well as prepare audit schedules and various tax filings.
- Works with all levels of employees to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financial closings.
- Prepare ad hoc reports from general ledger data for various management personnel as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 2 years of accounting general ledger experience.
- Solid Excel skills to include Pivot Tables, VLookups and Formulas.
- 10 key by touch with high level of accuracy.
- Strong Analytical skills and thorough understanding of GAAP.
- Must be able to maintain satisfactory record of attendance and conduct and must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Work experience with SAP BW strongly preferred, including the ability to navigate between different systems.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.