Safeway Chain Account Field Specialist (Northern CA)Job ID UNI00000629 Date posted 10/08/2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned)
• Work with Account manager and AE team to grow SWS share through program execution and floor presence.
• Develop and Foster relationships with Key merchandising Managers and DM’s at assigned accounts
• Work with account merchandising personnel to secure and execute store level regional program’s-pallets, displays, thematic.
• Work with Buying team to track and ensure corporate compliance.
• Gather market information to create offers that will boost the company margins and will beat the competition
• Coordinate merchandising efforts within the account, across SWS divisions to best serve the entire company
• Align with account Executive in identifying sales and margin opportunities.
• Proactively identify issues, trends and opportunities to help SWS achieve goals. Perform other job-related duties as required by the specific chain account.
• Demonstrate prioritization, organization, and follow-through skills to meet deadlines as defined by leading suppliers and chain grocery store accounts.
• Work independently on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
• Works with key Suppliers in communicating all aspects of the business.
• Knowledge of basic category management concepts
• Actively participates in internal client brainstorming sessions by offering ideas and solutions for each project
• Understand Business Trends and Risks to suppliers & accounts business
o AC Nielsen trends
o Understand pricing structure for chain accounts.
o Be the conduit of information from the account to the field and vice versa
o Manages spend forecasts and budgets / Tracks Monthly programs
• Key role to make sure all internal communications on account activity is accurate and timely.
• Assists in communication to SWS Field Teams of all programs within portfolio and works with Division Merchandising Manager & Field Sales to monitor execution of programs
o Gives updates to Chain VP’s and Director of Sales and Supplier partner
o Work in field with SWS/PWS key merchandising managers & suppliers.
o Assist with Inventory / Planning / Forecasting
Inventory Forecasting to Purchasing for key programs and quantity buys
Works with Purchasing and Suppliers on all SWS/PWS Allocations
Responsible for All pricing communication to Chain VP’s, Director of Sales, Team Coordinator and account.
• High School Diploma/GED and 3+ years of retail, hospitality and or industry experience ideally within consumer packaged goods environment.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Strong understanding of cost/pricing methodology.
• Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
• Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
• Available for overnight travel.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work load to meet deadlines.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work alone as well as within a team structure.
• Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
• Able to inspire, coach and lead a team by example.
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are needed for sales trainings and meetings among executive sales/supplier management teams.
• Proven track record of strong sales and leadership skills in previous/current work experience.
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal talents which will enhance existing customer and key retailer relationships.
• Analytical aptitude, which will ensure sales forecasts, daily/monthly reporting and execution of standards of distribution are in alignment with company/supplier standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree and or related experience inclusive of the following: Communications/Business/Accounting/Finance
• Wine/Industry knowledge to include basic understanding of distribution, wine varietals, and leading spirit categories
• A minimum of 2 years Management experience
• SWS/PWS continuing education preferred to include Southern Wine & Spirits University curriculum, Bridgework, supplier sponsored training and or credentials/certifications vetted by the industry.
• Knowledge of “National Accounts” and the relationship to local execution including management and individual contributors.
• Exhibited competence and familiarity adhering to headquarter level sales operations for major chain accounts.
• Working knowledge of internal SWS/PWS operations systems to include – Neptune, Diver SharePoint etc.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing chain accounts in similar sales industry.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.