RouterJob ID UNI00000794 Date posted 03/06/2021
The Distribution Router is responsible for scheduling and dispatch drivers for conveyance of products via radio, telephone, or computer to transmit assignments and compiling statistics and reports on work progress.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for all Customer Service delivery and route set-up but not limited to Roadnet, and Mobile Cast software systems
· Responsible for all other maintenance required for the efficient operation of software systems (e.g., Roadnet, Mobile Cast)
· Works with branch driver supervisors to coordinate large special orders and to equalize the loads and stops on the route trucks
· Works with Customer Service and Corporate information systems for nightly billing and end-of-day reports
· Responsible for the printing and distribution of any reports extracted from software systems
· Provide loading information to night supervisors as required
· Route/dispatch an average of 17+ truck routes on a daily basis
· Coordinate driver's routes according to customer requests, geographic considerations, and in compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and company policies
· Notify drivers and warehouse supervision and/or management of schedules and assignments
· Operate an automated routing computer system (e.g., RoadNet) and track schedules, changes in assignments/routes, and maintain follow-up information
· Track and input driver mileage and hours within the recordkeeping system
· Partner with the sales force and customer assistance to resolve shipping/delivery discrepancies or concerns regarding product arrival status
· Make on-demand decisions to resolve issues efficiently with the least disruption to the dispatched route and customer
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalency plus 1 years of experience
· Experience working in Routing/Dispatch department
· Knowledge with local metropolitan area and extensive understanding of local market's geography
· Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships
· Knowledge of other MS Office Suite and/or software applications related to job functions
· Excellent interpersonal, customer service, analytical/problem solving, problem management, presentation development, presentation, and communications skills
· Familiarity with beverage and or consumer packaged goods distributor/manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge working with Geocoding Software experience a plus
· Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
· Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
· May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 15lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.