Lead Sales & Operations Planning - CA/HIJob ID UNI00000756 Date posted 02/04/2021
The Lead S&OP is responsible for creating, updating, and improving the statistical sales forecast as well as engaging with local commercial team counterparts to incorporate commercial intelligence & providing visibility to local Leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Utilize the JDA Demand Planning software to model and create unconstrained statistical demand forecast based on historical depletions, market trends, seasonality, product mix, bias and other factors
· Evaluate demand planning data integrity to ensure that analysis is conducted with accurate information
· Identify and correct exceptions and anomalies in the statistical forecast that may impact accuracy; choose and apply the appropriate forecasting algorithms and parameters in accordance with regional/national policies; proactively collaborate with Commercial counterparts on forecasting demand for new items and addressing exceptions
· Serve as a primary point of contact between the Supply Chain and local Commercial functions at the Division level.
· Lead monthly meetings with Commercial counterpart(s) to understand proposed changes to demand based on upcoming commercial activity (i.e. pricing, promotional plans, launches, events, etc.). Also includes updating forecast for any last minute unplanned demand
· Provide rolled-up visibility of proposed Consensus Forecast locally as part of monthly cycle, drive completion of GM Sign Off
· Identify and communicate concerns regarding aged inventory, slow moving & obsolete items (SLOBs), high DOH items, and other excess inventory concerns
· Deliver against core business targets including inventory and customer fill rate
· Monitor Site-level S&OP Planning metrics (inventory turns, forecast accuracy, forecast bias); review them with Commercial to discuss improvement opportunities; joint responsibility with Commercial for Total accuracy
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience or equivalent education and related experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills
· Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships including presentation development and execution and overall customer service
· Strong analytical and statistical skills including knowledge of JDA or other demand planning software, an ability to understand market dynamics, and general problem solving skills.
· Knowledge of other MS Office Suite and/or software applications related to job functions
· Working knowledge of Order to Cash systems is a plus
· Understanding of products, categories and channels in the alcoholic beverage industry is a plus
· Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
· Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
· May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 15lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.