Import SpecialistJob ID UNI00000569 Date posted 05/17/2019
- Coordinate the processing of documents with U.S. Customs relating to all imported merchandise.
- Review and maintain complete files for accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate with suppliers for necessary paperwork and order confirmation. Prepare check requests for all related fees.
- Maintain bonded warehouse inventory book and process withdrawals from bonded warehouse.
- Monitor shipment arrivals and coordinate delivery schedules.
- Calculate deferred tax on a semi-monthly basis.
- Assist in reconciliation of physical inventory and Federal product tax records with inventory control supervisor.
- Prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints. Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and 1-2 years of relevant experience required.
- Proficient MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and proprietary record-keeping database.
- Accurate data entry and 10 key by touch skills.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping procedures.
- General knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations.
- Associate's Degree with coursework in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience.
- SAP familiarity.
- Able to perform job duties with minimal supervision.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.