2021 Chain Sales Merchandiser - Northern CaliforniaJob ID UNI00000740 Date posted 10/29/2020
The Chain Sales Merchandiser will be responsible for maximizing sales of brands represented by the company to retail customers in an assigned territory by direct contact, and prospecting new accounts. This person must be willing to execute sales plans and special promotions towards the achievement of predetermined sales goals. This rep will also service customers with special product deliveries on short notices, and other customer sales needs. Service of these customers may also include actual placement of temporary and permanent point of sale material within the account.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Chain Sales Merchandiser is responsible for the following:
- Preplan all programs by account for daily, weekly, and monthly success
- Properly maintain Liquid Decisions (iPad), account invoices, and POS (point of sale)
- Meet all accounts on a regularly assigned basis, making sure to follow theSouthern Glazer’s steps to a sales call
- Consistently work to build and maintain solid business relationships with accounts
- Transmit all orders to warehouse in a timely manner
- Deliver product or other related merchandise when required
- Manage sales and merchandise of all stores to Southern Glazer’s and supplier partner standards
- Introduce new products, new promotions, and provides additional marketing service to customers
- Promote and educate customer staff on features and new items to grow sales for SGWS products
- Handles all account issues in a timely and efficient manner within Company guidelines
- Strive to constantly improve personal and professional development through Southern Glazer’s University, and other educational means as they come available
- Travel throughout assigned territory, not limited to, a series of retail stores, convenience stores, independent liquor stores, restaurants, night clubs, or bars to present the company’s products for considered placements
- Extensive travel (70% - 85%) by automobile. Daily driving may involve distances of up to 200 miles
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor degree plus 1 year experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Students graduating in May 2021 and available to begin Summer 2021
• Demonstrated communication skills necessary to effectively present and persuade customers to purchase Southern Glazer’s products
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Ability to secure and maintain a valid driver’s license and auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
• Ability to secure and maintain a State Sales Permit in accordance with state laws
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move 30 to 40 pound cases, ability to occasionally lift and/or move 50-pound cases and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work holidays and weekends
• Experience with adult beverage product sales or in hospitality industry
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, analytical/problem solving, problem management, presentation development, and communications skills
• Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.