Sales Representative - College Management Development ProgramJob ID DAL00000557 Date posted 11/17/2018
The Sales RepresentativeTraineewill be responsible for maximizing sales of brands represented by the company to retail customers in an assigned territory by direct contact, and prospecting new accounts. This person must be willing to execute sales plans and special promotions towards the achievement of predetermined sales goals. This rep will also service customers with special product deliveries on short notices, and other customer sales needs. Service of these customers may also include actual placement of temporary and permanent point of sale material within the account.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Sales Representative Trainee is responsible for the following:
- Preplan all programs by account for daily, weekly, and monthly success
- Properly maintainLiquid Decisions (iPad), account invoices,andPOS (point of sale)
- Meetall accounts onaregularly assigned basis,making sure to follow theSouthern Glazer’s steps to asalescall
- Consistently work to build and maintain solid business relationships with accounts
- Transmit all orders to warehouse in a timely manner
- Deliver product or other related merchandise when required
- Manage sales and merchandise of all stores to Southern Glazer’s and supplier partner standards
- Introduce new products, new promotions, and provides additional marketing service to customers
- Promote and educatecustomerstaff on features and new items to grow sales for SGWS products
- Handles all account issues in a timely and efficient manner within Company guidelines
- Strive to constantly improve personal and professional development throughSouthern Glazer’s University, and other educational means as they come available
- Travel throughout assigned territory,not limited to,a series of retail stores, convenience stores, independent liquor stores,restaurants,night clubs, orbars to present thecompany’sproducts for considered placements
- Extensive travel (70% - 85%) by automobile. Daily driving may involve distances of up to 200 miles
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.