Sales Representative - Lauber Division - Lake Placid, NYJob ID SYR00000101 Date posted 02/26/2019
- Make regular sales calls to designated accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Develop strategy for brand portfolio, diversification and penetration in each account.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives.
- Participate in sales meetings, GSMs, on-site training, and remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Review customers' credit status, collect monies owed for product and partner with Customer Service Department to ensure accounts remain in good standing.
- Conduct wait staff training seminars, execute bar night' promotions and install point of sale pieces on tables and bars.
- Recommend create/design drink menus, wine lists and wine by the glass programs utilizing full knowledge of SGWS portfolios.
- Present self with integrity professionalism and commitment to Southern Wine & Spirits sales representative responsibilities and policies.
- Available for ride-with with SGWS management and work-with for suppliers.
- Maintain sample inventory for tasting in accounts.
- Complete administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- High School Diploma/GED and 1-3 years of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate discounts.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks throughout the day.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.