Maintenance Level 1 - NightsJob ID SYR00000108 Date posted 04/02/2019
- Utilize and maintain personal tools.
- Observe, dismantle, adjust, and repair mechanical control systems.
- Working knowledge of welding and fabrication required.
- Primary responsibility is to repair conveyor systems mechanically.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, hydraulic, compressor, and conveyor systems.
- Assemble, install, and fabricate equipment, as well as, perform preventative/predictive maintenance and update all required documentation.
- Refer to specifications, tech manuals, blueprints, schematics diagrams as needed or required to resolve equipment issues.
- Promote a safe working environment through endorsement of company safety program along with the maintenance and upkeep of tools/equipment.
- The position is physically demanding necessitating the ability to lift/push/pull 50-100 lbs. multiple times throughout the day.
- The conveyor system maintenance requires working at heights of more than 12 feet+ consistently.
- The position is 4 days 8 PM-6:30 AM shift and there is required overtime on a regular basis.
- During the peak season of October, November, and December along with holidays there may be changes in warehouse schedules to support the business needs.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma/GED and/or 3 years’ experience in a distribution environment with mechanical background supporting conveyor systems.
- Capable of managing stressful and high pressure situations as there is an extreme sense of urgency to repair items in an emergency.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and equipment.
- Capable of learning electrical systems as part of our on the job training.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.