Trade Development ManagerJob ID SYO00000098 Date posted 08/02/2017
Apply Now Apply Later
Serve as the primary liaison between the local market and designated suppliers; work to develop strategic direction for supplier priorities to meet volume and value targets through optimal allocation of resources and adherence to brand strategy/standards. Overnight Travel as required.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
Supplier Relationship Management
- Work with suppliers and SGWS sales leadership in creating marketing programs for use in the field; able to present new program ideas, efficiencies and obtain senior leadership buy in.
- Serve as conduit of information between Division field sales team and supplier marketing (brand & local).
- Work with senior sales management on contributions to sales goals and company-wide sales strategies.
- Responsible for sales, promotion, and marketing of brands by providing maximum company sales through planning, executing, follow-up, evaluation, and review.
- Assist in the delivery of marketing brand plans to sales force and management team(s) via meetings and mass email communication.
- Lead Supplier Planning Initiatives, including supplier meetings, programming communication and business review/planning meeting with SGWS leadership.
- Direct the implementation of new and existing marketing initiatives utilizing various strategic platforms for the division; develops new item launch strategies.
Program Measurement & Evaluation
- Work with Pricing, Business Intelligence, and Finance team to ensure all programs fall in line with standards regarding tracking and execution.
- Setprogram objectives, measure ROI with KPI scorecard.
Inventory Management/ S&OP Conduit
- Align with the corporate sales and operations planning process (S&OP). Work with sales stakeholders and operations teams to manage purchasing, supplier shipment, and local delivery of assigned-supplier portfolios forincentive planning and inventory.
Pricing and Commercial Finance Conduit
- Work with pricing team to ensure brand pricing and gross profit is aligned to strategy by channel.
- Assist Commercial Finance team in the oversight of LMF funds and banks as related to local marketing and brand planning.
Analytics and Business Insights
- Utilize various available analytic tools (Sales Nav, Steelwedge, Compass, etc.) to identify local market intelligence and opportunities – consumer shifts/trends, channel dynamics, key account (NAOP/ chains) dynamics, etc.
- Work with Business Intelligence team to ensure all program tracking is accurate, timely and aligns with regional and individual state reporting.
Field and Sales Interaction
- Develop and enhance relationships with the trade through participation in food/wine/industry related events.
- Survey retail outlets monthly to determine and track competing brands and wholesalers. Also to familiarize yourself with competition and remain apprised of market trends and development within specific product categories, geographic regions, and accounts.
- Support POS / VAP planning and buys.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Three+ years of trade/customer marketing and/or sales experience.
- Proficient skills in using MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- Good knowledge of Commercial Finance and Pricing practices.
- Knowledge of applicable state regulations and adult beverage market dynamics.
- Understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, coach, and lead colleaguesby example in an intense and fast-paced business environment.
- Must require little direction or supervision; thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities on tight deadlines and maintain high level of quality output.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Overnight travel as required.
- Bachelor’s degree Business, Marketing or relevant field.
- Five+ years’ trade/customer marketing, sales and/or industry experience.
- Previous beverage supplier programming and price structure experience.
Primary Location:United States-New York-Syosset
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.
Recent Job Openings
- Director, Change Management – Internal Consulting/Strategy Team Miami, Florida,
- DSD Field Sales Manager (San Fran/North Bay) Union City, California,
- Chain Merchandiser (San Leandro - Emeryville) Union City, California,