Trade Development Director- AtlanticJob ID SYO00000254 Date posted 07/16/2018
- Member of the Leadership team charged with developing strategic direction for the state to meet volume and value targets through optimal allocation of total resource pool and adherence to brand strategy/standards.
- Set strategic direction for divisions based on national brand strategy/standards across entire marketing mix.
- Allocate resources across markets, brands, channels and divisions, in order to deliver yearly targets.
- Manage holistic budgets.
- Act as “Voice of the Market” to Supplier and Brand marketing to ensure national strategies & tactics are shaped by local market insights and needs.
- Serve as conduit of information between division field sales team and supplier marketing (Brand & Local teams).
- Lead and develop marketing team to become experts in generating customer/shopper insights and program activations that deliver exceptional results.
- Develop and evaluate programs - review national program briefs, concepts, and creative and provide input/feedback to Supplier and Brand marketing
- Maintain and communicate expertise of changes in regulatory/legal environment and subsequent implications.
- Set objectives, measure program ROI, and provide market-based insights and feedback to sales and marketing management through KPI scorecard process.
- Support Supplier and SWS field sales team in the planning and execution of annual POS & VAP buys.
- Optimization of POS/VAP budgets and buys.
- Ensure local program elements are consistent with brand standards, logo usage guidelines, and legal mandatories.
- Communicate program elements and logistics to field sales teams.
- Ensure retail & distributor execution meets brand standards and agreed upon program KPIs and objectives.
- Successful execution of national programs.
- Develop a high performing team.
- Fulfill ad-hoc project and information requests.
- Bachelor’s in a relevant field
- 5-7 years of marketing experience
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities on tight deadlines and maintain high level of quality output.
- Ability to understand and manage budgets, profitability, and expenses.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Continual self-education and knowledge development of new and existing trends, styles, and products within the Supplier portfolio as well as competitive brands.
- Proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.