Sales Director - AtlanticJob ID SYO00000448 Date posted 07/11/2019
- Responsible for sales, promotion, and marketing of brands by providing maximum company sales through planning, executing, follow-up, evaluation, and review.
- Strategize with senior sales management to enhance contribution to sales goals and company wide sales strategies.
- Provide sales training, brand awareness, and development direction to internal sales professionals and chain buyers.
- Establish a course of action to accomplish sales andspecific goals/programming.
- Provide reports and maintain communication of current and projected goals/objectives
- Present, educate, and ensure execution of monthly programs.
- Survey retail outlets monthly to determine and track competing brands and wholesalers.
- Familiarize yourself with competition and remain apprised of market trends and development within specific product categories, geographic regions, and accounts.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, results, and recommendations for market improvement.
- Interact with financial officers in the organization and forward issues requiring executive management's involvement to division General Manager
- Create and maintain recap of allsales promotion activity.
- Judiciously track and scrutinize company expenses.
- Support Executive Management. with additional projects as required and or desired to promote a high level of satisfaction and quality deliverables among assigned chain buyers.
- Illustrate competency and familiarity with all Federal, State, and Local laws regulating the beverage alcohol industry.
- Participate in and plan company outings, as well as attend company meetings.
- Develop and enhance relationships with the trade through participation in food/wine/industry related events.
- Inspire confidence and gain respect as an effective company spokesperson.
- Present self with integrity, professionalism, and commitment to Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits sales management responsibilities and policies.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings and/or weekends.
- Overnight travel as required.
- Additional hours during peak busy season of October, November, and December.
- Bachelor Degree
- 7 years experience servicing on-premise, and/or off-premise and/or chain buyers and members of the wholesale community.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Able to inspire, coach, and lead colleagues by example in an intense and fast-paced business environment.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product occasionally.
- Established trade/account relationships within the geographic region.
- Adherence to company attendance policy.
- Management/ Team Lead experience
- Category Management experience coupled with sales and marketing within the beverage industry.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.