On Premise Area Manager - SapphireJob ID SYO00000445 Date posted 06/15/2019
- Responsible for the On Premisedivision profitability, inventory and personnel; and other initiatives as directed.
- Promote and demonstrate knowledge to increase sales among high profile restaurants and retail accounts.
- Partner with multiple sales divisions in the accounts to increase sales and act as a liaison with customers regarding wine list selections and placements.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Participate in sales meetings and on-site training to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Educate staff through preparation and performance of on-site training for restaurant and retail trade.
- Create, coordinate, and attend on-site promotional functions at established customer accounts.
- Regular communication with team to brainstorm solutions and overcome obstacles encountered in the field.
- Collaborate with key accounts in geographic region to improve distribution of product within set accounts.
- Strategize with manager to enhance contribution to division and company wide sales strategies and goals.
- Align with supplier representatives to understand their brands, sales goals/projections, and Southern's responsibilities.
- Familiarize yourself with competition and remain apprised of market trends and development within specific product categories, geographic regions, and accounts.
- Attend sales meetings, beer meetings/tours and selling/informational seminars.
- Assist executive sales management with report preparation for supplier reviews and fiscal close.
- Develop relationships with the trade while promoting supplier brands to consumers at food/wine/industry events.
- Develop and grow sales in dedicated on- premise accounts
- Develop relationships with accounts and supplier
- Conduct tasting for staff
- Work with key accounts, District Managers, Territory Managers and suppliers to identify sales opportunities and increase sales and profitability
- Work flexible hours which include early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends; overnight travel as required; and additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December
- High School Diploma/GED and three five years of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community
- Proven ability in territory sales management including creative and fact-based selling
- Excellent sales presentation, written communication skills Highly organized and detail oriented
- Basic knowledge of beverage operations and experience coordinating beverage promotions
- B.A. or B.S. in business, communications or related field and six eight years of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community
- Established trade/account relationships in proximity of team's geographic region
- Effective territory management
- Able to demonstrate significant product knowledge of all domestic and imported wines
- Standard office environment
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.