Liberty Portfolio Manager - NY MetroJob ID SYO00000373 Date posted 02/21/2019
- Maintain and analyze sales of portfolio of brands for assigned area of responsibility. Achieve assigned goals and objectives in an accurate, timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that efforts/visits/programs are aligned around focus geography and target accounts.
- Work with, train and develop assigned sales team within specific target accounts as well as overall assigned area of responsibility on elements of the integrated sales and marketing strategy.
- Manage time and resources to obtain disproportionate share of mind from general sales force as well as trade customers with concentration on growing KPIs as designated in planning process.
- Track key performance metrics, including conducting regular surveys in area of responsibility. Plan and track weekly pre plans by direct reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely communication of changing field conditions that effect volumes to management, while managing all economic budgets that may be assigned on behalf of the Company.
- Generate a commercial forecast representing true demand at a brand or SKU level using relevant market and supplier intelligence
- Assess the accuracy of both the Statistical and Sales Manager forecasts
- Identify brand opportunities and develop a plan of action to maximize the brand performance based on holistic market information (e.g., supplier trends and goals, chain account performance, KPIs, observed market trends, competitive actions, etc.)
- Monitor, determine and execute on strategies to improve upon on agreed commercial KPIs (e.g., revenue, gross profit, depletions etc.) in tandem with account executives
- Incorporate supplier, geography and brand goals, allocations and market intelligence into an unconstrained commercial forecast at a SKU / Brand – Market level along with relevant information e.g., statistical forecast, sales forecast, current year trends, historical depletions etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the success of thedepartment and function at Southern Glazer'sWine & Spirits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales Management, Marketing, Hospitality or related field of study.
- 3–5 years of beverage marketing, sales management, retail, hospitality, distributor and or industry experience ideally within consumer packaged goods environment.
- Outside wine sales experience in NYC preferred.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of various types of customers and ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and information.
- Knowledge of the wine and spirits industry, its major issues and regulatory considerations and the ability to use this information in support of the organization when carrying out one's job function.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws affecting the beverage/ alcohol industry within account responsibility.
- Effective communication skills to present information, interpret and respond appropriately to different audiences.
- Strong relationship building skills to develop insight into customer needs, provide options and meet the customer’s and the company’s business needs.
- Strong analytical skills to synthesize complex and diverse information.
- Strong influencing skills to impact decisions within and outside the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines and maintaining high level of quality output.
- Ability to link the objectives of key accounts with brand growth goals.
- Ability to possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Ability to travel overnight domestically upon request.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.