Key Account Manager -NYCJob ID SYO00000425 Date posted 05/15/2019
- Responsible for on and off premise accounts and territorydevelopment.
- Train account staff on portfolio andhigh end category promotion.
- Conduct tastings for account staff.
- Develop close relationship with suppliers and wineries.
- Work closely with Marketing managers on program development and goal setting.
- Interface with other SGWS departments on pricing, brand development and inventory.
- Set strategies for category expansion.
- Attainment of sales goals.
- Responsible for assisting SGWS division sales managers & Area Manager in managing key accounts, the identification of opportunities by brand, by account and collaboratively developing programs.
- Ensures that distributor sales team efforts, account calls and programs are aligned around focus initiatives.
- Position has responsibility for training distributor sales personnel and key retail accounts on portfolio of brands as well as elements of the integrated sales and marketing strategy.
- Responsible for developing and working with SGWS teams on approved programming in key off-premise accounts within the designated geographical area.
- Incumbent maintains and analyzes market performance data by channel / accounts and ensures accurate and timely communication of predetermined reports, changing field conditions and competition to management, while managing budgets that may be assigned on behalf of the company.
- Extensive knowledge of high end fine wines
- Excellent sales presentation, written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Five yearsexperience in high end fine wine
- Previous work experience with supplier or distributor
- Retail and on premise experience preferred
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.