Key Account Manager - Full BookJob ID SYO00000352 Date posted 01/11/2019
- Responsible for onpremise accounts and territorydevelopment.
- Train account staff on portfolio andhigh end category promotion.
- Conduct tastings for account staff.
- Develop close relationship with suppliers and wineries.
- Work closely with Marketing managers on program development and goal setting.
- Interface with other SWS departments on pricing, brand development and inventory.
- Set strategies for category expansion.
- Attainment of sales goals.
- Responsible for assisting SGWS division sales managers & Area Manager in managing key accounts, the identification of opportunities by brand, by account and collaboratively developing programs.
- Ensures that distributor sales team efforts, account calls and programs are aligned around focus initiatives.
- Position has responsibility for training distributor sales personnel and key retail accounts on portfolio of brands as well as elements of the integrated sales and marketing strategy.
- Responsible for developing and working with SGWS teams on approved programming in key off-premise accounts within the designated geographical area.
- Incumbent maintains and analyzes market performance data by channel / accounts and ensures accurate and timely communication of predetermined reports, changing field conditions and competition to management, while managing budgets that may be assigned on behalf of the company.
- Extensive knowledge of high end fine wines
- Excellent sales presentation, written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Five yearsexperience in high end fine wine
- Previous work experience with supplier or distributor
- Retail and on premise experience preferred
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.