Local Delivery Driver (CDL Class A Required) - Shreveport, LA
When you embark on a Driver career with Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, you'll play an integral role in achieving operational efficiency in order to meet our customers' needs. You'll leverage your skills every day to fuel our success and advance your career. In return for your contribution, we'll provide you with the tools to grow, succeed and accomplish your personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service to each of our suppliers and customers and put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Driver at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Socially Conscious
The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. We’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
“Push/Pull” up to 50 lbs
Experience driving within the food and beverage industry
Customer facing and ability to problem solve
Class A/Class B license
ResponsibilitiesJob ID SHR00000027 Date posted 01/21/2019
- Drive established route to deliver wine, spirits, beer and non-alcoholic beverage products to assigned customers.
- Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records.
- Read invoices, shipping memos, pick-up slips and other records to guarantee accuracy, completeness and proper condition of all orders delivered.
- Operate delivery equipment for which Department of Transportation requires a Commercial Driver License.
- Read and match customer purchase orders and invoices to company invoice.
- Deliver cases which may include use of hand truck, ramps, stairs or other function in the movement of cases.
- Handle and process COD deliveries and collect cash as required.
- Performs daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
- Partner with dispatcher to acquire delivery schedule and communicate delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
- Address customer concerns/complaints regarding spoilage, breakage, and/or shipments of incorrect product.
- Refer issues to appropriate SGWS contacts as needed.Keep interior of truck organized and clean.
- Must possess a valid, current Class A or B Arkansas driver license and acceptable DMV record.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year driving experience.
- Basic ability to read, speak, write and comprehend the English language to perform essential job duties.
- Able to count and perform basic math with or without a calculator.
- Lifting and moving objects weighing 50 pounds on a regular basis from floor to shoulder level repetitively throughout shift.
- Ability to twist and turn, ability to use full range of peripheral vision and fine hand manipulations sufficient to safely drive Little Rock city streets.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Walk, bend, sit, squat, twist, lift and carry on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Using a hand truck, must be able to push and pull up to 180 lbs. frequently throughout shift.
- Experience driving for the beverage industry.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.