Transportation and Distribution Manager- MN, SD, ND
When you embark on a Driver career with Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, you'll play an integral role in achieving operational efficiency in order to meet our customers' needs. You'll leverage your skills every day to fuel our success and advance your career. In return for your contribution, we'll provide you with the tools to grow, succeed and accomplish your personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service to each of our suppliers and customers and put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Driver at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Socially Conscious
The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. We’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
“Push/Pull” up to 50 lbs
Experience driving within the food and beverage industry
Customer facing and ability to problem solve
Class A/Class B license
ResponsibilitiesJob ID SHA00000123 Date posted 01/08/2020
- Represent and Lead Team Operations for the three-state region
- Manage the distribution network via SGWS trucks, Independent and 3PL contract carriers.
- Direct delivery and logistic activities for organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
- Establish operational procedures for activities such as verification of outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and delivering all outgoing customer orders and transfers.
- Prepare and maintain active files to comply with all SGWS, State and Federal DOT and FMCSA policies and procedures.
- Request and Review a Weekly Inspection of physical condition of equipment, and delivery trucks, vans and Trailers.
- Work with the Safety Director to ensure all DOT and FMCSA requirements are met and current.
- Be available for after hours or weekend calls in regard to business needs.
- Oversee and approve work order for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment and vehicles.
- Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities and deliveries with activities of other functions such as, sales, records control, proper truck loading and purchasing.
- Direct personnel safety and safe workplace activities.
- Arrange and coordinate delivery methods.
- Create and oversee driver ride with programs to analyze team performance.
- Determine delivery schedules. Analyze monthly to ensure Operational Efficiency
Reviewdaily routing and labor levels to deploy resources and manage appropriateexpense categories to meet Operations budget expectations.
- Schedule receipt of incoming shipments from specialty vendors
Embed, Embrace and Execute change.Create a long-term vision for your division.
Directlysupervise both exempt and hourly employees on the team.
Carryout supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policiesand applicable laws. Oversee progressive discipline as applicable. Interview,hire, and train employees.
Plan,assign, and direct daily Operations.
Trainand develop team members.
- Appraise performance and conduct annual employee reviews.
- Reward and discipline employees.
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Direct and delegate weekly Kronos payroll summary of employees' hours and pay.
- Schedule Quarterly (required) visits to all other Depot locations. Submit and present summary of Operations performance to MN leadership team.
- Follow up on duties as assigned by Senior / Regional Management.
- Work closely with National and Regional leadership to ensure full attainment of all OMPP Goals.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hold or acquire within 90 days of employment and maintain in good standing a Class B CDL for duration of employment.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PP) applications and relevant industry software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, suppliers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.