Warehouse Worker/Delivery Person (Sewickley PA)Job ID SEW00000054 Date posted 10/07/2019
- Receive, store, and distribute material and products.
- Drivepersonal vehicle to transport material and products to and from specified destinations such as PLCB warehouses and wine & spirits shops and military installations, and other customer locations.
- Make accurate and legible notation on invoice regarding exceptions to delivery or collection.
- Read customer orders, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Convey materials and items from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
- Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or other stock items and distribute items to delivery staging area or other designated areas.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or convey orders to packing station or delivery staging area.
- Mark materials with identifying information.
- Open incoming packages as required.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Use computer to enter or retrieve records.
- Drive vehicle to transport stored items or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Prepare parcels for mailing or shipping.
- Maintain inventory records.
- Verify load against shipping papers.
- Prepare receipts for load picked up.
- Collect payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges.
- Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations, and company policies.
- Maintain telephone contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Load and unload truck.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highschool diploma /GED.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Current and valid Pennsylvania drivers license is mandatory. Must have at least 12 months of licensed driving experience and a clean MVR record.
- Must carry auto insurance $100,000/$300,000 in vehicle liability and $50,000 in property damage to be listed for business use.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board agent's registration.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, couch, and crawl.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.