Sales Representative, Off-Premise AWS (Seattle, WA)Job ID SEA00000168 Date posted 07/13/2019
Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory, market segment, and/or supplier brand by effectively selling the company’s products/services and providing excellent customer service to fulfill the potential of our suppliers and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make regular sales calls to off-premise customers to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided
· Analyze, plan, establish and maintain an efficient and productive daily call pattern in assigned territory.
· Achieve assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives
· Analyze the total territory and each account to determine the priority selling, promotional and merchandising opportunities
· Implement and maintain up-to-date accurate records of sales, competitive activity, and payment performances of all accounts in assigned territory
· Recognize major trends and directions, describe major trends associated with a specific type of market and discuss organization's position and plans with regard to key product trends
· Install and maintain appropriate point-of-sale/ printed materials within accounts that are clean and current
· Ensure order information is captured accurately, work with a specific sales system as part of current responsibilities and conduct day-to-day sales order entry
· Assist customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock)
· Participate in sales projects, account evaluations, proposals, presentations and other sales related activities
· Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and winery/distiller tours to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments
· Perform other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Ability to maintain a valid and current driver’s license
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline.
· Working knowledge and proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office Suite (e.g., Outlook for email, Excel to track metrics, Word and PowerPoint to create documents, and presentations), and experience with Customer Relation Management (CRM) systems
· Must maintain strong working knowledge of Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirit’s (SGWS) portfolio and products, including core and innovation products
· Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision
· Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate discounts
· Must have excellent verbal communications skills in order to effectively communicate with direct customers on the telephone and internally
· Ability to work in a fast paced, goal driven environment
· Ability to travel as needed
· Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
· Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
· May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 45 lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.