Hotel Specialist, On Premise Division (Seattle, WA)Job ID SEA00000165 Date posted 07/09/2019
Southern Glazer'sWine and Spiritsis seeking candidates for aHotel Specialistopportunity in the Seattle Metro Area. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Make regular sales calls to designated accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Develop strategyfor brand portfolio, diversification and penetration in each account.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable Hotel functions, opportunities and support areas.
- Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives.
- Participate in sales meetings, GSMs, on-site training, and remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Conduct wait staff training seminars, execute bar night promotions and install point of sale pieces on tables and bars.
- Recommend create/design drink menus, wine lists and wine by the glass programs utilizing full knowledge of SGWS portfolios.
- Present self with integrity professionalism and commitment to Southern Glazer'sWine & Spirits sales representative responsibilities and policies.
- Available for ride-with with SGWS management and work-with for suppliers.
- Maintain sample inventory for tasting in accounts.
- Complete administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3+ years of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate discounts.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks throughout the day.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.