Driver Supervisor - SeattleJob ID SEA00000185 Date posted 09/26/2019
- Responsible for the effective and efficient distribution of product and direct supervision within theSeattle market and other depots as needed.
- Ensure adherence to delivery standards, efficiencies, and regulatory requirements.
- Supervise drivers’ delivery schedule and hours worked, daily bidding, and daily work needs.
- Using effective management skills and progressive coaching, coach drivers in the areas of attendance and work performance.
- Establish and maintain positive employee and customer relationships.
- Resolve customer issues efficiently, addressing errors and concerns as needed.
- Serve as liaison between distribution, logistics, sales, HR, and other internal departments.
- Occasionally run a delivery route according to business need.
- Ensure that drivers follow DOT rules, regulations, and standards.
- Handle and receive returns when drivers return to the depot at the end of their routes.
- Communicate with sales, customers, and internal departments to resolve service-related issues.
- Maintain various spreadsheets, reports, files, and assessments.
- Work in tandem with peers/other depots to ensure effective communication and management of the delivery/logistics department.
- Complete “Driver Ride-With’s” on a consistent basis, providing employees with effective and improving feedback.
- Track and maintain CSA and DOT compliance within theSeattle Depot team.
- Responsible for leading and growing azero injury/accident safety culture
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License and current Medical Card certification, Class A preferred.
- Smith System Certification (preferred)
- At least two years supervisory experience.
- At least two years route delivery experience
- Experience working with a bargained workforce, preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Knowledge of transportation and delivery processes.
- Knowledge of related Federal and State DOT regulations
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building/collaborative, and leadership skills.
- Ability to foster a positive Coach-Team environment
- Excellent analytical skills needed to effectively lead a team of individuals.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, dependable, well-organized and results-oriented.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Solid organizational and decision-making skills.
- Service oriented mentality.
- Must be a strong collaborator and team player to be successful in role.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively - formally and informally.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Able to lift 50+ pound cases of product repetitively.
- Must be 21 years old.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.