District Manager, Key Account Specialist, Specialty Retail (Washington State) - WashingtonJob ID SEA00000031 Date posted 04/27/2017
Southern Glazer'sWine and Spirits is seeking candidates for a District Manager, Key Account Specialist, Specialty Retail opportunity in the Greater Seattle,Washington StateArea.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage a team of Fine Wine sales professionals to include oversight of sales and merchandising efforts in accounts.
·Responsible for sales execution and order generation in a select number of specialty retail key accounts.
- Train, develop, and motivate team to foster the success of individual contributors and overall team success.
- Conduct sales meetings and product presentations for sales team.
- Set forth sales goals and implement attainment strategies to meet objectives and report on results.
- Inspire confidence and gain respect as an effective company spokesperson.
- Provide consistent and regular communication to team through weekly meetings and brainstorm solutions to overcome obstacles encountered in the field.
- Collaborate with key accounts in geographic region to improve distribution of product within set accounts.
- Align with supplier representatives to understand their brands, sales goals/projections, and support in securing additional market share through your team's effective selling approach.
- Familiarize yourself with competition and remain apprised of market trends and development within specific product categories, geographic regions, and accounts.
- Assist executive sales management with report preparation for supplier reviews and fiscal close.
- Develop relationships with the trade while promoting supplier brands to consumers at food/wine/industry events.
- Work flexible hours which include early, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- High School Diploma/GED and 5-7 years of professional sales experience preferably as a Key Account Manager or Wine Manager, including a minimum of three years supervising/directing other individuals.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product occasionally.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Proven ability in territory sales management including creative and fact-based selling.
- Goal oriented, focused, and aggressive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Established trade/account relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Able to inspire, coach and lead a team by example.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Wine/Spirits Certifications.
- Strong Wine and industry knowledge.
- Hands-on management approach in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.