Delivery Driver - Seattle
When you embark on a Driver career with Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, you'll play an integral role in achieving operational efficiency in order to meet our customers' needs. You'll leverage your skills every day to fuel our success and advance your career. In return for your contribution, we'll provide you with the tools to grow, succeed and accomplish your personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service to each of our suppliers and customers and put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Driver at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Socially Conscious
The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. We’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
“Push/Pull” up to 50 lbs
Experience driving within the food and beverage industry
Customer facing and ability to problem solve
Class A/Class B license
ResponsibilitiesJob ID SEA00000107 Date posted 07/21/2018
- Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
- Partner with routers to acquire delivery schedule and communicate delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
- Drive established route to deliver wine and spirits beverage products to assigned customers.
- Assemble customer orders and place on hand truck to complete delivery cycle. Place product in storage and or account specific designated areas.
- Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records and roadnet.
- Comply with company safety standards, Department of Transportation regulations, Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations, and warehouse delivery policies/procedures.
- Keep interior of truck organized, clean and smoke free.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (5:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- Ensure correct delivery of product.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Must possess aClass B Commercial Licenseand acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). Class A Commercial License is preferred.
- Adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements and the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) guidelines.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Language skills allow employee to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Provide high level of customer service to ensure accounts are satisfied with product and timeliness of deliveries.
- Able to regularly and consistently lift and carry 45-50+ pound cases of product. Competent working independently on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- 2year minimum driving experience with a CDL.
- Must be 21 years old
- Previous delivery and distribution experience in the food and beverage industry. Familiarity with Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.