Key Account Specialist - AWS (North Bay/Marin County)Job ID SAN00000947 Date posted 11/01/2019
- Promote and demonstrate spirits knowledge within a set geographic region to increase sales among high profile mixology bars, restaurants and retail accounts.
- Make regular sales calls to designated accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Partner with multiple sales divisions in the accounts to increase craft spirits sales and act as a liaison with customers regarding selections and placements.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed assigned monthly placement objectives.
- Participate in sales meetings and on-site training to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Create, coordinate, and attend on-site promotional functions at established customer accounts. (i.e. product launches, and tastings).
- Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to Southern Wine & Spirits salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Overnight travel as required.
- Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3-5 years of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Ties with the on-sale trade in San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento and Monterey.
- Working knowledge of mixology, cocktail culture and cult and boutique brands (Southern and competitors).
- Expertise in advising and selling to exacting craft spirits customers, including owners, bar managers and restaurateurs.
- Demonstrated ability in creating a profitable craft spirits program on behalf of customers.
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a on-sale account within the established territory.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Adaptable and can assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit. Strong negotiation skills.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.