District Manager- East Bay ComboJob ID SAN00000762 Date posted 04/18/2019
- Manage a team of sales professionals to include oversight of sales and merchandising efforts in on/off and or a combination of accounts.
- Train, develop, and motivate team to foster the success of individual contributors and overall team success.
- Conduct sales meetings and product presentations for sales team.
- Set forth sales goals and implement attainment strategies to meet objectives and report on results.
- Possess strong communication skills, work collaboratively with others to solve problems, motivate team to achieve challenging goals, resolve issues in a non-confrontational manner, inspire team work to cooperatively work with another to obtain company goals.
- Provide consistent and regular communication to team through weekly meetings and brainstorm solutions to overcome obstacles encountered in the field.
- Collaborate with key accounts to improve distribution of product within set accounts.
- Strategize with senior sales management to enhance contribution to division and company wide sales strategies and goals.
- Align with supplier representatives to understand their brands, sales goals/projections, and support in securing additional market share through your team's effective selling approach.
- Understand thecompetition and remain apprised of market trends and development within specific categories, geographic regions, and accounts.
- Attend sales meetings, winery/distiller meetings/tours and selling/information seminars.
- Assist executive sales management with report preparation for supplier reviews and fiscal close.
- Develop relationships with the trade while promoting supplier brands to consumers at food/wine/industry events.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Overnight travel as required.
- Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and 5-7 years of professionalsales experience preferablyin the alcohol beverage industry and or experienceas a Key Account Specialist or Wine Manager, including a minimum of three years supervising/directing other individuals.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Able to service accounts in the assigned geographical territory and meet last minute and urgent requests from customers, including emergency deliveries.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product occasionally.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Proven ability in territory sales management including creative and fact-based selling.
- Goal oriented, focused, and aggressive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Able to inspire, coach and lead a team by example.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Hands-on management approach in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.