Chain Sales Merchandiser (San Francisco Bay Area)Job ID SAN00000936 Date posted 10/07/2019
- Oversee an average of 10-20 established chain/grocery store accounts.
- Make regular sales calls to designated accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and winery/distiller tours to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Achieve distribution and growth objectives for Southern’s portfolio of wine and spirits products within a specific geographic area and through effective account management of existing retail customers.
- Assist customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock).
- Merchandise of sale/retail accounts and reset shelf space, cold box, and build displays to correspond with supplier promotions and incentive programs.
- Stay abreast of business/market conditions, intensively plan sales effort, recognize new opportunities within each account and maintain the necessary territory records.
- Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer through knowledge of wine products, persuasive presentations, and overcoming objections.
- Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to Southern Wine & Spirits salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent and at least one year of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual able to work under minimal supervision.
- Reside within a thirty-mile radius of most accounts in designated territory.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver’s license, proof of state car registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred with a business/marketing/sales concentration
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.