Atlantic (Constellation) Business Development Manager- Napa/ SonomaJob ID SAN00000638 Date posted 11/29/2018
Serve as the primary liaison between the local market and designated suppliers; work to develop strategic direction for supplier priorities in order to meet volume and value targets through optimal allocation of resources and adherence to brand strategy/standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
·Create marketing programs for use in the field; able to present new program ideas, efficiencies and obtain senior leadership buy in
·Plan, execute, and evaluate company sales, promotions, and marketing of brands
·Incumbent is responsible to grow business in assigned territory using a high work ethic.
·BDM will be in accounts, developing business (in the field selling) 80% of the time.
·Analyzing business, following up and communication (office time) 20% of the time.
·Preplan weekly activities that will lead to successful business development.
·These activities include
- Initiating account calls to identify opportunities
- Scheduling appointments with decision makers to present solutions
- Following up on presentations
- Closing new business (Displays, Distribution, Cold Box) OR closing new business (Features/Wine List placements/Drink List placements)
·Responsible for managing/executing brand programs in conjunction with SGWS teams.
·Open communication with assigned teams is essential to this role.
·Participate in assigned AM/SM team meetings to review priorities and objectives.
·Ensures that sales team efforts, account calls and programs are aligned with initiatives.
·Use various data sources and tools to analyze market performance, identify opportunities to increase market share, changing field conditions and competition.
·Set program objectives, measure ROI with KPI scorecard
·Utilize various available analytic tools (Sales Nav, Steelwedge, Compass, Go Spot Check, etc.) to identify local market intelligence and opportunities – consumer shifts/trends, channel dynamics, key account (NAOP/ chains) dynamics, etc.
·• Ensure all program tracking is accurate, timely and aligns with regional and individual state reporting
·Manage and stay within budget that may be assigned on behalf of the company.
·Maximize profitability for SGWS through effective negotiation.
·Work week will often exceed 40 hours including working mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays when required.
·Present self with integrity and professionalism.
·Perform other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
·Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field;or an equivalent combination of education and experience
·Goal oriented, self-starter, focused, and assertive individual.
·Comprehensive understanding of wine to include major wine regions/varietals, wine/food pairing techniques, basic production, and wine service.
·Documented sales success
·3-5 years of industry related sales experience
·Demonstrated history of influencing people without direct authority
·Ability to manage time and an extremely large workload.
· Proficient at calculating percentages and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
· Adaptable and can assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
· Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas; demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Able to obtain and meet industry licensing requirements as needed
· Must possess a valid driver license and secure and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
· Critical nature of this job may require extended hours, overtime and weekends
• Good knowledge of Commercial Finance and Pricing practices
• Knowledge of applicable state regulations and adult beverage market dynamics
• Proficient working knowledge of computerized applications, for example, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software, email and specialized business applications software
• Presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with all level of management
• Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and relevant stakeholders
• Understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service
• Must require little direction or supervision; thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate and entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities on tight deadlines and maintain high level of quality output
• Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
• Overnight travel as required
• Previous beverage supplier programming and price structure experience
• Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
• Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
• May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.