ALD Chain Sales Merchandiser (San Francisco/S. San Francisco)Job ID SAN00000640 Date posted 12/03/2018
- Oversee an average of 10-20 established chain/grocery store accounts.
- Make regular sales calls to designated accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and winery/distiller tours to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Achieve distribution and growth objectives for Southern’s portfolio of wine and spirits products within a specific geographic area and through effective account management of existing retail customers.
- Assist customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock).
- Merchandise of sale/retail accounts and reset shelf space, cold box, and build displays to correspond with supplier promotions and incentive programs.
- Stay abreast of business/market conditions, intensively plan sales effort, recognize new opportunities within each account and maintain the necessary territory records.
- Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer through knowledge of wine products, persuasive presentations, and overcoming objections.
- Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to Southern Wine & Spirits salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent and at least one year of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual able to work under minimal supervision.
- Reside within a thirty-mile radius of most accounts in designated territory.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver’s license, proof of state car registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred with a business/marketing/sales concentration
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.