Chain Sales Merchandiser - Downtown San Diego (Golden State)Job ID SAN00000163 Date posted 05/19/2017
Apply Now Apply Later
- Oversee 15-25 established chain grocery store accounts (i.e. Safeway/Vons).
- Achieve distribution and growth objectives for Southern's portfolio of wine/spirits products within a specific geographic area and through effective account management of existing retail customers.
- Introduce new products, promote improved distribution, and ensure in-store promotion results.
- Stay abreast of business/market conditions, intensively plan sales efforts, recognize new opportunities within each account and maintain the necessary territory records.
- Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer through knowledge of spirits and wine products, persuasive presentations, and overcoming objections.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
The essential functions of the Chain Sales Merchandiser role include performing physical responsibilities within respective accounts. To ensure applicants who consider this role have a clear understanding of what it entails – please review the link below for an overview of the responsibilities in a retail setting. The enclosed link does not depict all requirements and is designed to offer context.
Once you have viewed the link above please navigate back to the www.southernwine.jobs website (which you currently have open in your browser) to formally submit your application and resume for the CSM role under consideration.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a retail account within the established territory.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state car registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 51 - 56 pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's Degree and or equivalent related experience such as Merchandiser/Route Sales Experience.
- Restaurant/Bartending/Hospitality Skills.
- Wine/Industry Knowledge to include basic understanding of distribution, wine varietals, and leading spirit categories.
Primary Location:California-San Diego
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.