Warehouse Worker- DayJob ID SAN00000734 Date posted 03/15/2019
- Assist in receiving dock operations by loading or unloading shipments.
- Mechanically use forklift, pallet jacks, or order- picker, using full range of peripheral vision to operate such equipment safely.
- The ability to stand, walk, bend squat, twist, lift and carry up to fifty pounds intermittently during work shift.
- Place and/or pull stock from storage areas of the warehouse.
- Responsible for ensuring that the wheels of all trucks being unloaded have their wheels chocked before unloading begins.
- Pick cases from bulk locations to fill forward pick locations.
- Stock forward pick locations in the bottle room and the full case line in a neat and orderly manner.
- Restock bottle and case returns from customer orders.
- Pick VIA orders for salesmen and customers.
- Correctly puts away out of place product, 360 product and 370 product as directed by the supervisor.
- Sort pallets by size.
- Responsible for the proper handling of broken cases to include the re-boxing of good bottles and sending the broken ones to the dump location.
- Responsible for leaving his equipment in good working order and free of all trash for the next shift.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of an assigned area of the warehouse.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Responsible for wearing all company issued safety equipment.
- Responsible for reporting any damage to the equipment and building to a supervisor as soon as it happens.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write speak and understand English well.
- Ability to push or pull fifty pounds intermittently throughout the work shift.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment such as forklift, pallet jack and battery change station.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.