Sales Consultant Genesis Retail- San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
The Sales Consultant’s primary responsibilities are to visit the customer, have the right consultative sales conversations, and increase sales revenue. This candidate will need to analyze data and insights to increase sales, grow customer business, and better achieve objectives. You'll need to be able to build a pipeline of selling opportunities that drive incremental sales above base business. Be prepared to visit accounts regularly, capture visit notes, document and maintain specific customer information in SGWS' Proof CRM tool.
- Full Time
- Travel: Yes(local)
- Sales Strategy: Face-to-Face
What makes a successful Sales Consultant at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Salesforce Proficient
- Presentation Building
- Consultative Selling
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
Able to sit for a considerable amount of time while using a computer or mobile device
Physical demands include occasional walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
Able to drive throughout the day for up to 2 hours at a time
Push/Pull up to 45lbs
ResponsibilitiesJob ID SAN00001256 Date posted 03/04/2021
- Build positive, credible, lasting customer relationships based on trust
- Discover and identify customer business growth needs
- Develop a customer business growth plan for each account
- Analyze data and insights to increase sales, grow customer business, and better achieve objectives
- Build a pipeline of selling opportunities to drive incremental sales above base business
- Regularly and consistently pre-plan account visits with an agenda, service purpose, and selling opportunities
- Prioritize sales activities to achieve objectives based on each customer business growth plan
- Visit accounts regularly, capture visit notes, and build visit plans considering previous visit outcomes
- Maintain deep knowledge of SGWS products and correctly present and position them in each account
- Propose selling solutions to each customer and win the sale using consultative selling skills
- Achieve internal SGWS and supplier objectives as prioritized by management
- Manage customer issue resolution and seek additional opportunities to support the customer’s needs
- Adapt the selling approach based on each customer’s buying styles and individual business needs
- Be knowledgeable and experienced in all accounts staying current with what competitors are offering and how SGWS products are positioned relative to the competition
- Document and maintain account- and customer-specific information in the Proof CRM application
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and supplier events as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to analyze and understand data and information
- Able to leverage SGWS technology to perform duties and responsibilities
- Able to build and structure customer presentations and product proposals
- Proficient in using mobile devices (e.g., iPad®, smartphone) and online communication techniques (email, posting, texting, etc.) in a professional manner
- Able to consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
- Able to take responsibility for own actions and results; commits to providing consistent high level of service to customers, suppliers, colleagues, and management
- Able to communicate effectively through various methods and express self clearly and concisely while appropriately tailoring the message to the audience
- Able to be nimble in ambiguity; be open to change; embrace innovative ideas
- Team player; works collaboratively with others
- Able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Able to maintain a valid and current driver’s license
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Able to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline
- Working proficiency in Salesforce.com
- Strong working knowledge of SGWS portfolio and products
- Able to quickly learn new information, skills, and/or technology
- Goal-oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit
- Understand retail pricing and can calculate retail margin and markup
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or mobile device
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to the rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include driving throughout the day with segments up to 2 hours
- May require lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 45lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.