Sales ManagerJob ID SAL00000099 Date posted 04/13/2021
Manage all aspects of sales activities for a sales force covering a large territory, district or region. Designs and executes long- and short-term sales and marketing strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct sales meetings, product presentations, train, develop, and motivate the team to foster the success of the overall sales team
- Call on key accounts in designated territory/region and work with sales management to develop overall sales strategies
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- One year of demonstrated management experience
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service
- Knowledge of products and their key features and attributes; the ability to execute product line strategies
- Knowledge of various types of customers and the ability to analyze customer activities, profiles, and information
- Advanced knowledge in Word and Excel including formulas, pivot tables, and V Lookup
- Experience using project management skills to plan, organize, manage, and accomplish goals
- Excellent organization and time management skills to meet goals/objectives
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities on tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality output
- Ability to understand and manage budgets, profitability, and expenses
- Ability to communicate enthusiasm for the product and category
- Ability to work with all levels of employees throughout the division
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to the rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.