Driver (St. Thomas, VI)
St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
When you embark on a Driver career with Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, you'll play an integral role in achieving operational efficiency in order to meet our customers' needs. You'll leverage your skills every day to fuel our success and advance your career. In return for your contribution, we'll provide you with the tools to grow, succeed and accomplish your personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service to each of our suppliers and customers and put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Driver at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Socially Conscious
The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. We’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
“Push/Pull” up to 50 lbs
Experience driving within the food and beverage industry
Customer facing and ability to problem solve
Class A/Class B license
ResponsibilitiesJob ID ST.00000063 Date posted 09/27/2018
USVI Driver executes accurate delivery of products as invoiced to licensed accounts or between company locations. This role services customers by ensuring timely deliveries, accurate check-in and storage of products. This role will also move inbound and outbound product through the warehouse for delivery and may be responsible for receiving, stocking, and loading.
• Deliver product to customers.
• Check-in invoiced orders with customers in a friendly, courteous manner.
• Follow DOT Regulations.
• Attend monthly safety meetings.
• Responsible for meeting operational efficiency goals and benchmarks.
• Report any local, state or federal moving violations to management.
• Load and unload vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
• Fill case and bottle orders for products.
• Responsible for filling out equipment report before usage.
• Deliver and stack merchandise on customer premises.
• Responsible for accurate payment.
• Operate other warehouse equipment as needed.
• Maintain accurate DOT log book, if required.
• Collect empty boxes to be used for redelivery within Company guidelines.
• Collect and return all payments as required
• Make accurate and legible notations on invoices regarding exceptions to delivery or collection.
• Responsible for the safe operation of and cleaning of truck, tools, and equipment. Required to report in writing all maintenance problems to be repaired.
• Other duties as assigned.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.