Night Warehouse SupervisorJob ID ST 00000244 Date posted 07/12/2019
- Ensure the management, coordination, and execution of the warehouse functions of Southern Wine & Spirits, Mid-Atlantic short and long term goal and objectives are in conjunction with the achievement of the fiscal year budget.
- Accountable to the VP Sales Support/Operations of Southern Wine & Spirits, Mid-Atlantic.
- Maintain storage and inventory system for all point of sale material to include all shipping and receiving for designated warehouse.
- Report POS inventories to Suppliers and SWS Management as needed.
- Organize and distribute all POS, coupons, sell sheets, shelf talkers, etc. for upcoming promotions and programs.
- Deliver to local ABC Boards, stores, remote POS warehouses and SWSMA sales reps. when needed.
- Deliver to appropriate sales staff.
- Responsible for proper disposal of all damaged goods.
- Rotate and make suggestions about the disposal of outdated merchandise.
- Document the receipt of all received items and report to manager.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized warehouse to include receiving area and equipment.
- Process supplier charge backs as needed related to above and other activities.
- Set up POS sample in sales room prior to sales meeting and remove at end of meeting.
- Assist with preparation and participate in all sales meeting when requested.
- Pick up and disperse product samples to sales personnel when approved by Divisional Sales VP.
- Fill salespersons' bins and stage POS request from sales reps with proper material for pick up after sales meetings.
- Obtain monthly program calendar from designated manager and sales reps and updates as needed.
- Assist with field merchandising efforts when needed.
- Process all supplier requests for POS.
- 70% of time spent in VA Warehouse, receiving, shipping, and inventory related duties, etc.
- 10% of time spent on administration (i.e., telephone, email, mail communication).
- 10% of time spent in market assistance with divisional employees.
- 5% of time spent in divisional meetings/office set up.
- 5% of time spent on miscellaneous duties and tasks.
- Competent in Windows and Microsoft Office includingOutlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Certified on 3,000 lb. forklift.
- Appropriate licensing and ability to operate 18ft delivery truck or similar.
- Valid state driver's license.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent driving record a must.
- Must possess exceptional communication, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- This position requires heavy lifting.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.