General Market Merchandising District Manager (East Bay/Valley)Job ID SAC00000140 Date posted 04/08/2019
- Manage a team of entry-level sales/merchandising professionals to include oversight of sales and merchandising efforts in general market merchandising accounts.
- Train, develop, and motivate team to foster the success of individual contributors and overall team success.
- Establish sales territory/account runs to maximize the representatives' visibility in the general market and minimize drive time.
- Conduct sales meetings and product presentation for merchandising team.
- Set forth sales strategies, merchandising techniques, and provide attainment plans to meet management and suppliers goals.
- Provide consistent and regular communication to team through weekly meetings and working alongside of merchandising professionals in the field.
- Collaborate with general market accounts in the region to eliminate obstacles which would prevent distribution goals from being met and resolve any concerns or questions impeding the success of the merchandiser.
- Strategize with senior merchandising management and provide sales reports/results reflecting display activity in general market accounts.
- Analyze sales statistics and recommend policy developments to enhance the team's sales figures and foster goal attainment.
- Partner with supplier community to understand their brands, sales goals/projections, and support in securing additional opportunities for increased distribution.
- Be familiar with competition and remain apprised of market trends and development within specific product categories, geographic regions, and grocery store accounts.
- Attend sales planning meetings/supplier tours and selling/information seminars.
- Develop and improve rapport/relationships with buyers and members of the trade through participation in food/wine and industry related events.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Overnight travel as required.
- Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED combined with 1-2 years of merchandising experience preferably as a chain territory manager, including a minimum of six months supervising/directing other individuals.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and 10 key by touch.
- Basic understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a territory in the established geographic region.
- Established relationships with suppliers and buyers in proximity of team's geographic region.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state;registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a regular basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Proven ability in merchandising/territory sales management including creative and fact-based selling.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Able to inspire, coach and lead a team by example.
- Hands-on management approach in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.