Chain Sales Merchandiser Representative (Vacaville - Woodland)Job ID SAC00000067 Date posted 10/19/2017
Apply Now Apply Later
- Oversee an average of 10-20 established chain/grocery store accounts.
- Make regular sales calls to designated accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and winery/distiller tours to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Achieve distribution and growth objectives for Southern’s portfolio of wine and spirits products within a specific geographic area and through effective account management of existing retail customers.
- Assist customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock).
- Merchandise of sale/retail accounts and reset shelf space, cold box, and build displays to correspond with supplier promotions and incentive programs.
- Stay abreast of business/market conditions, intensively plan sales effort, recognize new opportunities within each account and maintain the necessary territory records.
- Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer through knowledge of wine products, persuasive presentations, and overcoming objections.
- Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to Southern Wine & Spirits salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent and at least one year of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual able to work under minimal supervision.
- Reside within a thirty-mile radius of most accounts in designated territory.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver’s license, proof of state car registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred with a business/marketing/sales concentration
Primary Location:United States-California-Sacramento
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.
Recent Job Openings
- Category Manager/Trade Development Manager (National Trade Dev & Space Intelligence ) Cincinnati, Ohio,
- Trade Development Manager Syosset, New York,
- Chain Sales Merchandiser - Woodland Hills Oxnard, California,