Accounts Receivable LiaisonJob ID ROS00000056 Date posted 07/01/2020
- Responsible for entering customer payments into AS400, researching and reconciling discrepancies and credits on the customer account.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all aspects of customer account portfolio - contact information, notes on account status, courtesy calls and handling customer requests.
- Work closely with sales and various departments to keep accurate notes on customer account status for delivery information and account payment status.
- Responsible for a high volume of customer accounts.
- Work with potential customer and sales department to gather new account paperwork send completed file to accounts receivable supervisor for verification.
- Perform collection procedures as outlined in SOPs escalate to supervisor as needed.
- Follow up and review accounts for compliance with Nevada credit law and SOPs notes, courtesy calls, etc.
- Cash application through various payment methods checks/cash, EFT, Online Bill Pay, Drivers, NSFs and notify customer/sales of term changes
- Answer driver phone calls/questions thru radio/Nextmail regarding payment/delivery instruction
- Monthly statement distribution
- Work with sales and other departments to handle disputes on accounts
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Maintain an Account Portfolio of 1,000 accounts with accurate notes and terms for customers
- Ensure that customer service is held to the highest standard, maintaining good working relationship with outside and inside contacts
- High school diploma and some college coursework or equivalent
- Two years in accounts receivable/collections
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and proprietary record-keeping database
- Accurate data entry skills and 10-key by touch
- Basic understanding of accounting procedures
- Demonstrate ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- Associate degree with coursework in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- Experience with AS400 General ledger and account reconciliation experience
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
- Bilingual Spanish
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.