Key Account Specialist (North Bay)Job ID ROH00000046 Date posted 05/16/2018
Apply Now Apply Later
- Promote and demonstrate fine wine and spirits knowledge within a set geographic region to increase sales among high profile restaurants and retail accounts.
- Make regular sales calls to designated accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Partner with multiple sales divisions in the accounts to increase wine and spirits sales and act as a liaison with customers regarding selections and placements.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives.
- Participate in sales meetings and on-site training to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Educate account staff through preparation and performance of on-site training for restaurant and retail trade.
- Create, coordinate, and attend on-site promotional functions at established customer accounts. (i.e. wine maker dinners, product launches, and tastings).
- Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to Southern Wine & Spirits salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Overnight travel as required.
- Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3-5 years of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine to include major wine regions/varietals, wine/food pairing techniques, basic production, and wine service.
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a retail account within the established territory.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Continued education with Court of Master Sommeliers & or Society of Wine Educators.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Adaptable and can assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Primary Location:United States-California-Rohnert Park
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.