Router/Dispatcher - PuyallupJob ID PUY00000080 Date posted 02/08/2019
- Route/dispatch an average of 55+ truck routes on a daily basis.
- Coordinate driver's routes according to customer requests, geographic considerations and in compliance with DOT regulations and company policies.
- Work with Warehouse/Driver Supervisors on schedule/assignments.
- Notify drivers and warehouse supervision/management of schedules/assignments.
- Operate an automated routing computer system (i.e. RoadNet) and track schedules, changes in assignments/routes, and maintain follow-up information.
- Partner with the sales force and customer assistance to resolve shipping/delivery discrepancies or concerns regarding product arrival status.
- Make on-demand decisions to resolve issues efficiently with the least disruption to the dispatched route and customer.
- The scheduled shift is Monday -Thursday from10:00 a.m. -8:30 p.m.
- The position may require flexible hours which include early morning (i.e., 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends as required by business need and with notice.
- Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December (OND).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2 years of routing/dispatch experience in a fast paced, distribution/trucking industry.
- Must be proficient in working with computer hardware and software, specifically Microsoft Office products and automated routing software.
- Familiar with local metropolitan area and extensive understanding of local market's geography.
- Logistics understanding and skill.
- Capable of managing stressful and high pressure situations as there is an extreme sense of urgency to complete dispatch procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Associate's Degree in Business or related field.
- Familiarity with beverage and or consumer packaged goods distributor/manufacturing environment.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.